Friday, September 21, 2012

Training Log, 7/1-7/31

So, I lied.  Or rather, I was wrong, which, in a way, is even worse.

The last post was not my last one for describing July, but rather this one is...I've neglected to mention my training on here for quite a while.  I think, in part, this is probably due to taking a few weeks easier than normal as I was sick for most of the time since the last training log entry...first shingles (I know, shingles?!?!  but sadly yes, shingles), then some opportunistic infection.  As a result, my training for July was the lowest mileage month for me this year, checking in at some 208 miles...a far cry from the 10 miles/day average that I had been doing.  The last few weeks of July were just about back to my normal standard (despite being sick still...I was too frustrated to take it easy anymore though), both clocking in around 65 miles.  Anyways, the numbers for those of you interested...

July 2-8: 34 miles
July 9-15: 28 miles
July 16-22: 66 miles
July 23-29: 61 miles

Year to date at the end of July: 1821 miles
Last 365 days at the end of July: 3058 miles

Okay, now on to the adventures that August brought us!

Edit: How could I have left off the Wildwood Trail?  One of my favorite things about being in Portland was doing a long run along the Wildwood Trail.  This hilly, rolling trail starts just West of downtown by the botanical and Japanese gardens.  It then goes up and through the arboretum before settling into large, rolling hills through a temperate forest.  Peaceful and beautiful, especially the arboretum, which has regions of forests from across the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment