Sunday, January 20, 2013

A brief layover in New Mexico, Thanksgiving edition

(November 16th-24th) I always manage to forget just how busy I am during my time at home.  This trip (both the one that this post is about and the one that I'm currently on) home has been no different.  Some of you have noticed the...delinquency that I've exhibited as of late...just far too many things to attend to while at home., but that's still a few posts away.

After my visit to Houston, I returned home to New Mexico, where I immediately set out to go skydiving down in Alamogordo.  Alas, the weather had other ideas...so our four hour drive to Cloudcroft was for little more than a nice night away from home...  The saving grace was that we stayed in a quaint (though potentially haunted) hotel called The Lodge.

Our room at The Lodge.  Despite it's 70s appearance, it really was quite quaint and potentially haunted.

As we woke up, we quickly learned that Cloudcroft had fully earned it's name that day.

The rain became snow, and soon our dreams of skydiving were scuttled.
The rest of my visit passed all too quickly...three birthday dinners for Kim, Thanksgiving potluck at her parents' house, and more work than I care to remember.

Up next (soon I promise), more from England.

No comments:

Post a Comment