Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Posting to Resume Shortly

(April 17th, 2013)  It's been a long semester.  I know a number of you have been waiting anxiously to see all of the adventures that I've been up to, but teaching has put a severe constraint on my ability to find free time to post.  Well, teaching and moving.  At the start of the year, I was asked to teach a class that I wasn't expecting to teach (I was planning to teach vibration theory, but instead asked to teach computational mechanics, a class that I've never even taken before let alone taught).  So, a certain amount of formalism has been needed to augment everything that I've taught myself about computational mechanics over the last decade.  And, for this reason, I've been extremely busy.  Plus I moved.  Did I mention that already?  That eats up a lot of free time too apparently, who knew?!?

I wasn't planning on rambling about where my time has gone with this post, though.  Instead I wanted to say thank you to everyone for their support and concern over the last few days, and to let the rest of you know that I did, indeed, make it safely out of Boston.  Fortunately, I had left the finish area about half an hour or so before the explosions occurred, and I am now safely back in Albuquerque.  I'll give more details once I get a chance to catch up with my posts.  In the mean time, hang in there, and keep the rest of those in Boston in your prayers as we all struggle to understand what happened and why something so senseless occurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment