Saturday, April 4, 2015

Milano

(September 15th, 2013) I think that I'll need to keep adding the year to the date for a while as I try to catch up. No promises on how close to the present that I'll get, but a few notes here and there while Kim is napping...

Unlike Torino, my notes for Milan are quite brief: "Gorgeous domo...peddlers were too much...trying to wrap a free bracelet around your arm (forcibly) then asking for money for it.  Not much time as I had a train to catch."

I had decided to take the train from Torino to Stuttgart, which meant that I had a few hours to kill during a stopover in Milan. Not being one to miss an opportunity, I decided to take the subway into the city, see the cathedral, then head back. The one small problem with this plan, though, was that my backpack didn't fit into any of the lockers, so I was a bit challenged for mobility and an easy target for street hawkers.

Upon arriving at the domo (cathedral), I, like most other tourists, was immediately swamped by overly pushy peddlers that would wrap a bracelet around your arm then ask for money before you realized what was happening. Luckily, my stubbornness came in handy as I absolutely refused to be pushed around like that. The cathedral was pretty enough to make up for it, but it wasn't a place that you'd be able to relax and take in the sight unfortunately...




This was the open air shopping arcade next to the cathedral. The shine and detail in the tiled floor was amazing...

Next stop, Stuttgart.

No comments:

Post a Comment