Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Training Log, 5/28-6/3

By request, believe it or not, I'm including my training regimen for each week now.  I know, really?  But this has actually been asked for.  Anyways, without further adieu...

Training this past week was a bit contorted.  The Sky City Seed Run was on Monday, and, for a change, I certainly felt it come Tuesday.  That's always a great sign that you ran hard enough in a race.  As a consequence, though, I spent half the week recovering and then, lo and behold, it was time to start tapering for the Valles Caldera Marathon, which is this coming Sunday.  So, to make a long story short, this was an unexpectedly easy week.  My body could certainly use the rest, though, as this past training cycle saw new highs in mileage with a seven day high mileage of about 87 miles since my last half marathon.  Strangely enough, I'm actually pretty eager for the next cycle to begin as I set out to try and set a big PR at the Frankfurt marathon.  But, I'm getting ahead of myself.  Trying to keep focus on Sunday's race.

Miles this week:
M: Acoma (10.4 miles total)
Tu: Tramway: Montgomery/Manitoba - County Line loop (9.4) - This has become my default from home it seems.
W: Pole Line - Pennsylvania route on base (7.4) - The default Monday run with Mark...
Th: Past Cedric's house and back (7) - Cedric, if you're reading this, it's 3.2 miles door-to-door
F: Tramway: Montgomery/Manitoba - County Line loop (9.4)
Sa: Hyde Park - Waterfall and Circle Trails (4)
Su: Sandia Crest (13.1)
Total over 7 days:  60.7
Last 365 days: 3125.3

No comments:

Post a Comment