Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What's for dinner (6/18)?

Every so often I get asked what I normally cook for dinner.  I generally am pretty ho-hum about my response...some type of pasta with my home made arrabiata sauce and maybe chicken parmesan with home made bread sticks, or unagi-don or some other rice based dish, etc.  I suppose I have a warped definition of what's a quick meal (I mean, heck, I have two dinners a night - the first to tide me over, and the second two hours later when I finish in the kitchen), but I enjoy it and that's what's important.  Anyways, since my meals rarely are aesthetically pleasing (if it's just for me, the taste is all that matters), I don't normally feel like sharing, but last night was yummy enough that you get to see it anyways:


Pancetta, andouille sausage, basil, rosemary, porcini oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh grated mozzarella, colby jack cheese, my arrabiata sauce, and a whole wheat crust...I'm looking forward to leftovers tonight already!  One lesson that I always struggle in learning (i.e. I've yet to learn it despite experiencing this dozens of time) is to throw the basil on when the pizza is almost done.  You can see in the photo that it's wilted from being baked for 10 minutes...one of these days that lesson will sink in...until then I'll enjoy it all the same.  As a side note, my new favorite guilty pleasure is pancetta fried in duck fat and porcini oil.  I need to start working that into more dishes...if it every lasts that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment