Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Training Log, 6/11-6/17

Recovery week...sort of.  I fear that I've become too impatient in terms of resting after races.  I just feel, though, that the last month has been resting and recovering from races...starting with tapering for Acoma, recovering from Acoma, tapering for Valle Caldera, and now recovering from Valle Caldera.  I'm ready to start putting some serious miles back on my legs now!  But, the first obstacle is to actually try to recover from Valle Caldera before I do that.  I know that I like to use the excuse that 'I train to recover quickly,' but I think that both you and I know what two letters best describe that...

As usual, Mark and I did far too many runs together.  At some point you'd think that we would run out of things to discuss, but there's always the easy topics of food, women, spirituality, weekend plans, week night plans, etc. etc., and, biggest of all, running.   Just in case we don't get sick of it, we talk about it ad nauseum.  'Dude, where'd you get those kicks? Do they come in a color other than neon orange?' or 'What type of track work out do you want to do tomorrow?'  Of course, that last question I ask every day to myself...if only I could go to the track that often.  And yes, I do know that I have a sickness about that, but I've got it under control!  Honest!

Of course, our latest conversation topic was the diatribe on whether we'll run out of things to say...just in case that possibly happens, I now have a plan.  As inspired by Shirley Jackson's short, "The Lottery," one person each day from our 823 running crew will be selected (presumably by casting lots or some other semi-random but totally fixed methodology) to run with us at our pace and to provide conversation topics in case we run out of them.  I don't think it's come to that just yet, but any runners from 823 can consider themselves warned!

Anyways, on to the weekly log:
M: Off
Tu: Aimlessly running around base (5.3)
W: The stables - golf course run on base (9.1)
Th: The Truman gate run on base (9.5)
F: The Eubank-Wyoming-Gibson gate loop (8)
Sa: Tramway: Montgomery/Manitoba - County Line loop (9.1)
Su: Bosque from Alameda south, with 2x2.5 mi at 6:20 pace (17.1)
Total over 7 days: 58.1
Last 365 days: 3134.9

I don't think that I did a very good job of taking it easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment