Thursday, June 28, 2012

Training Log, 6/18-6/24

Travel week.  Typically, these are my favorite weeks for running - an opportunity to try new trails, run to new destinations, and enjoy the insanely abundant amount of oxygen present at sea level!  This week, however, was a bit different.  It took me all week to figure out that the seats in my rental car were exacerbating an IT band problem that I've been having...something that normally would work itself out during the first quarter mile of a run was now persistently bugging me for six, seven, or even eight miles.  Just not fun.  On top of that, the heat and humidity were oppressive...how did I ever manage to grow up in that climate?  There's no question about it, I'm totally spoiled by New Mexico.  Last, but not least, my watch had no idea what was going on either.  By the time I got to DC, so running along forested trails with highly overcast skies, it just kept telling me that I was running a minute a mile slower than I normally do...was I getting sick or injured?  I just couldn't figure it out, so I did a loop that I've done dozens of times in the past and, lo and behold, my watch said it was magically a mile shorter than it normally is...so maybe I'm not going crazy, or I've just gone so crazy that it's reached the point where I don't know where that reality line is anymore...I'm guessing the former though...

Aside from all of that neurotic/incessant worrying about how I was feeling and running, it was a nice trip.  I gave myself a thorough tour of the game trails of William and Mary's campus in Williamsburg, VA, in addition to seeing some old, familiar haunts of yesteryear.  It'd be really nice to revisit that area during the spring or fall (and with a rental car that does not make me cringe at the thought of sitting in it...).

Now, without further adieu:
M: Pole line Pennsylvania loop on base (9.9)
Tu: The stables - golf course run on base (8.4)
W: Tramway from Academy to County Line and back (6.1)
Th: Around colonial Williamsburg and William and Mary (13)
F: Around William and Mary's campus trails (7.9)
Sa: Holmes Park Run in Alexandria, VA (7)
Su: Off
Total over 7 days: 52.3
Last 365 days: 3115.3

A little low this last week due to no long run, but my legs feel a lot fresher as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment